Although, my joy for singing was since I could remember as a child, I did not start singing professionally until later in life.  I came from a family of musicians and the church in which I grew up in was and still to this day have musically gifted artists.  Some of them are Grammy winners. Even with such a backing, my shyness prevented me from singing in public.

 After a career with the federal government as a mechanical engineering technician, a process engineer with a major chemical company, and a stint as a professional interior designer, I decided to pursue my passion for singing as a profession.  My husband, friends, and music acquaintances provided me great encouragement to go after my dreams and share my gift with the world.

 My singing career started out as a "hobby", for the most part, while I continued my day job as an interior designer.  This went on for several years until one life changing battle put things in perspective for me.

 In September of 2012, I began to experience numbness and tingling in my extremities, along with other symptoms that I could not explain.  Then one day, after working out, I fainted, which I have never done before.  At this time, my husband strongly suggested that I go to the hospital.  After three days, my doctors diagnosed me with a brain tumor.  Although it was benign, the size of it posed an imminent threat to some very important functions and most of all, my carotid artery.  Although I went on to have surgery and radiation to reduce it, the doctors could not remove it all and they told my husband I could die at any second or suffer a stroke.  I had quite a physical and spiritual battle during this time.  My hearing was severely affected to the point where I could not stand to hear noises let alone sit and listen to music.  When I went to Sunday service at my church, I had to wait in the car or in the lobby until the worship service was done.  I also had loud ringing in my ears from which I would cry myself to sleep over it. My throat was affected as well.  These were some of the many symptoms that I suffered, including depression. The doctors could not explain any of it.  The results of my Google search of my symptoms suggested that I would have to deal with these symptoms for the rest of life, however long or short my life would be.

 Through many prayers from my family and friends, my church in Florida - Grace Chapel in Loxahatchee, Florida, and the church that I grew up in, International Gospel Center in Ecorse, Michigan, I was able to overcome and heal not just in body, but in mind and spirit as well. 

 Eventually, I started back singing but this time with a life purpose.  To show God's (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) light and how He performs miracles.  I'm not His first miracle and I'm definitely not His last. 

 I started back singing in a restaurant after the owner contacted me and said that he saw me at a jam session a few years back. I then prayed for a jazz band that I could work with on a regular basis.  I even named all the instruments that I wanted and God provided me with a wonderful south Florida jazz band to work with (Eric & The Jazzers).  I have gone on to meet and work with many highly  acclaimed jazz musicians.  I continue on a world concert tour as a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald titled A'LA ELLA! in Europe and South Africa where I perform to sold out, standing room only audiences at Royal Albert Hall in London, England, as well as in Berlin, Germany and Cape Town, South Africa.  I also performed in Brussels, at a famous and historic concert hall called Bozar (Brussels Center for Fine Arts) where famous jazz legends have performed, including Ella Fitzgerald. I continue to do tours of A'LA ELLA! and other themed show tours around the world.

 So you see, miracles do happen!  I sometimes have to remind myself of this when problems in life try to knock at my door.  I hope that this provides you with encouragement and inspiration as well because if He did it for me He can do it for you.  

 Be blessed!